Members of the External Scientific Committee of IDIBELL (Scientific Advisory Board, SAB) met from November 15th to the 17th at the Hospital Duran i Reynals to know first hand the progress of the Institute and to evaluate thirteen research groups.
The first day, the Direction of IDIBELL explained to the SAB of all action due in 2010 and explained the future plans of the institution. During the rest of day and all of the 16th, assessment sessions were carried out for the thirteen groups and on the 17th internal work meetings were held.
The assessed research groups were :
• New therapies on genes and transplantation, led by Rafael Máñez
• Cancer Epigenetics, Manel Esteller
• Genomics-Printing and cancer, Dave Monk
• Transformation and metastasis, Eva Gonzalez-Suarez
• Tumor Angiogenesis, Francesc Viñals
• Toxicity of sensory and motor systems, Jordi Llorens
• Neuropharmacology and pain, Francisco Ciruela
• Apoptosis and cancer, Joan Gil
• Clinical Radiotherapy and applied basic, Ferran Guedea i Josep Balart
• Sarcomas, Oscar Martinez-Tirado
• Viruses and cancer, Xavier Bosch
• Clinical Prevention, Josep Maria Ramon
• Palliative care, Xavier Gómez-Batiste and Josep Porta.
The different assessment sessions were open to the public in the assembly hall of the Hospital Duran i Reynals-ICO. In addition, throughout their stay, members of the SAB also had the opportunity to visit the module of the future biobank and the works of the new bulding of Bellvitge University Hospital.
The Scientific Advisory Board is composed by internationally renowned scientists which goal is to advise the Department and ensure the scientific quality of IDIBELL.
The members are Ernest Arenas of the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Manuel Arias, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla Santander; Lisardo Forest, Center of Biomedical Research Alberto Sols Madrid, Paolo Gasparini of the Istituto Burl Garofolo Trieste, Santiago Lamas, the Centro Superior de Investigaciones Científicas in Madrid; Timo Otonkoski, University of Helsinki, Núria Malats, National Center for Cancer Research in Madrid, Maria Miras Portugal, the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Angela Nieto, Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche.
The retreat was attended by the doctors Arias, Forest, Gasparini, Lamas, Otonkoski and Malats. To evaluate the groups of the Epigenetics Program, and had the ad hoc contribution of Luis Garcia Foncillas, director of the Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy of the Clinical University of Navarra.
- Agility and efficiency in the collection of dirty linen
- Simple Transplants maintain the survival and increase the number of end receivers
- Minimally invasive approaches to treat benign and malignant nasalsinus
- The Patient´s Classroom, a health education initiative addressed to patients and their caregivers
- It is set up the unit for early detection of anal cancer
Most popular news
- La innovadora cirugía de tiroides a través de…
- Bellvitge University Hospital is pioneer in a…
- The University Hospital of Bellvitge performs…
- Isidro Ferrer: a Revolutionary in Neuropathol…
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Multidisc…
- Doctor. Laurence Claes gives a lecture at our…
- The Minister of Health opens in IDIBELL the n…
- The new Laboratory of General Histology of th…
- Dr. Carme Baliellas leads a HUB research proj…
- The Dr. Isidro Ferrer has initiated two resea…
IssuesArchives Bellvitge University Hospital breast reconstruction Catalan Health Service Catalan Institute of Health Catalan Institute of Oncology Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO) Catalan Knee School Department of Health Sciences Department of Heart Disease digital files Electro-medicine Unit erritorial Information Systems Committee FIS hereditary cancer Hesperia foundation Hospital Duran i Reynals Hospital Sant Joan de Reus Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Cinta Hospital Viladecans Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia Institute of Neuropathology Internal Medicine International Electrotechnical Commission International Gynecologic Surgery Course Laboratory of General Histolog Nephrology Service neurological comprehensive care neurophysiology neurosurgery Nuclear Medicine Open University of Catalonia operating rooms Pneumology Quality Agency of the Ministry of Health resident physicians short-stay hospital unit Spanish Association Against Cancer Spanish hospital management Spanish Society of Diabetes stuffed temporary percutaneous tracheostomy Surgical Nursing Toracotraq type 2 diabetes University of Barcelona